You know us, babies. We’re not just finance bloggers, we’re cool finance bloggers.
We try to approach the topic of money and economics with a tiny smidge of compassion for people who aren’t making six figures a year. You know: almost everyone.
This also involves interrogating the reasons why some people make a fuckton of money and others struggle to get by. Which naturally leads to speculation on how we can all make the world a better place for everyone.
As a result, we’ve famously published some opinions on the intersection of SJW-dom and money-dom. We’re financial feminists, and we want you to know all about it! Whether you like it or not!
So here’s a collection of our misandrist, socialist, SJW, race-betraying, gay-agenda-having opinions. If there’s a topic we haven’t covered below, or if we have more to learn on any of these topics (spoiler alert: we definitely do), leave us a comment to let us know!
Starting from nothing
- How to Start at Rock Bottom
- How to Save for Retirement When You Make Less Than $30,000 a Year
- Ask the Bitches: “Is It Too Late to Get My Financial Shit Together?“
Understanding why people are poor
- It’s More Expensive to Be Poor Than to Be Rich
- “Poor People Are Poor Because They Are _____. Rich People Are Rich Because They Are _____.”
- The Magically Delicious Intersection of Financial Discipline, Generational Poverty, and Marshmallows
- Bitchtastic Book Review: Hand to Mouth by Linda Tirado
- Gentrification: Artisanal, Small-Batch Displacement of the Poor
Developing compassion for poor people
- The Latte Factor, Poor Shaming, and Economic Compassion
- Ask the Bitches: “How Do I Stop Myself from Judging Homeless People?“
- The Subjectivity of Wealth, Or: Don’t Tell Me What’s Expensive
- A Little Princess: Intersectional Feminist Masterpiece?
- If You Can’t Afford to Tip 20%, You Can’t Afford to Dine Out
Correcting income inequality
- One Easy Thing Men Can Do to Help Close the Gender Wage Gap
- One Reason Women Make Less Money? They’re Afraid of Being Raped and Killed.
- Raising the Minimum Wage Would Make Our Lives Better
- Are Unions Good or Bad?
On intersectional social issues:
- On Pulling Weeds and Fighting Back: How (and Why) to Protect Abortion Rights
- Blood Money: Surviving Your Period While Poor
- You Don’t Have to Have Kids
- The Pink Tax, Or: How I Learned to Love Smelling Like “Bearglove”
- Our Single Best Piece of Advice for Women (and Men) on International Women’s Day
- Bitchtastic Book Review: The Feminist Financial Handbook by Brynne Conroy
- Queer Finance 101: Ten Ways That Sexual and Gender Identity Affect Finances
- Leaving Home before 18: A Practical Guide for Cast-Offs, Runaways, and Everybody in Between
- The Financial Advantages of Being White
- Woke at Work: How to Inject Your Values into Your Boring, Lame-Ass Job
- Econ Nerd Book Review: The New Jim Crow, by Michelle Alexander
- Something Is Wrong in Personal Finance. Here’s How to Fix It.
Identifying and combatting abuse
- When Money is the Weapon: Understanding Intimate Partner Financial Abuse
- Are You Working on the Next Fyre Festival?: Identifying a Toxic Workplace
- Ask the Bitches: “How Do I Say ‘No’ When a Loved One Asks for Money… Again?”
- Ask the Bitches: “I Was Guilted Into Caring for a Sick, Abusive Parent for Years. Now What?”
On mental health:
Understanding mental health issues
- How Mental Health Affects Your Finances
- Stop Recommending Therapy Like It’s a Magic Bean That’ll Grow Me a Beanstalk to Neurotypicaltown
- Bitchtastic Book Review: Kurt Vonnegut’s Galapagos and Your Big Brain
- Ask the Bitches: “How Do I Protect My Own Mental Health While Still Helping Others?”
Coping with mental health issues
On saving the planet:
Changing the system
- Don’t Boo, Vote: If You Don’t Vote, No One Can Hear You Scream
- Ethical Consumption: How to Pollute the Planet and Exploit Labor Slightly Less
- I Have No Gift to Bring Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum: The Anti-Consumerist Gift Guide
- Episode 004: “Capitalism Is Working for Me. So How Could I Hate It?”