You’ve passed the trials. You’ve fought hard and won your place among the champions. At long last, it is time to be inducted into the Secret Society. Which secret society, you ask? It’s a secret.
As you take your place among the robed and hooded figures in this subterranean chamber, you know not what to expect. They are lit only by the flames of an ancient fire.
One by one, the hooded figures raise their arms to the stalactites above and intone:
Let us pay off debt, brothers and sisters!
Darling readers, debt fucking happens. Having debt doesn’t mean you’re a bad person, nor that you’re lazy or stupid. But it is something you’ll have to work hard to get past. So here is our collected advice on the subject of how to pay off debt.
Go forth and conquer, for you are soon to be debt-free!
- Let’s End This Damaging Misconception About Credit Cards
- Season 2, Episode 10: “Which Is Smarter: Getting a Loan? or Saving up to Pay Cash?”
- Dafuq Is Interest? And How Does It Work for the Forces of Darkness?
- Investing Deathmatch: Paying off Debt vs. Investing in the Stock Market
- How to Build Good Credit Without Going Into Debt
- Dafuq Is a Down Payment? And Why Do You Need One to Buy Stuff?
- It’s More Expensive to Be Poor Than to Be Rich
- Making Decisions Under Stress: The Siren Song of Chocolate Cake
- How Mental Health Affects Your Finances
Paying off debt:
- Kill Your Debt Faster with the Death by a Thousand Cuts Technique
- Share My Horror: The World’s Worst Debt Visualization
- The Best Way To Pay off Credit Card Debt: From the Snowball To the Avalanche
- The Debt-Killing Power of Rounding up Bills
- A Dungeonmaster’s Guide to Defeating Debt
- How to Pay Hospital Bills When You’re Flat Broke
- Ask the Bitches Pandemic Lightning Round: “What Do I Do If I Can’t Pay My Bills?”
- Slay Your Financial Vampires
- Case Study: Held Back by Past Financial Mistakes, Fighting Bad Credit and $90K in Debt
Student loan debt:
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Student Loans
- Ask the Bitches: “The Government Put My Student Loans in Forbearance. Can I Really Stop Paying—or Is This a Trap?”
- How to Pay for College without Selling Your Soul to the Devil
- When (and How) to Try Refinancing or Consolidating Student Loans
- Ask the Bitches: I Want to Move Out, but I Can’t Afford It. How Bad Would It Be to Take out Student Loans to Cover It?
- Ask Not How Much You Should Save, Ask How Much You Should Spend
- How to Make Any Financial Decision, No Matter How Tough, with Maximum Swag
- Take Advantage of No-Copay Medical Care
- Two-Ring Circus
- Status Symbols Are Pointless and Dumb
- Advice I Wish My Parents Gave Me When I Was 16
- On Emergency Fund Remorse… and Bacon Emergencies
- Should You Increase Your Salary or Decrease Your Spending?
- Don’t Spend Money on Shit You Don’t Like, Fool
- The Magically Frugal Power of Patience
- The Only Advice You’ll Ever Need for a Cheap-Ass Wedding
- The Most Impactful Financial Decision I’ve Ever Made… and Why I Don’t Recommend It
- 3 Times I Was Damn Grateful for My Emergency Fund (and Side Income)
The Bitches vs. debt:
- I Paid off My Student Loans Ahead of Schedule. Here’s How.
- I Paid off My Student Loans. Now What?
- Hurricane Debt Weakens to Tropical Storm Debt, but Experts Warn It’s Still Debt
- The Real Story of How I Paid Off My Mortgage in 4 Years
- Case Study: Swimming Upstream against Unemployment, Exhaustion, and $2,750 a Month in Unproductive Spending
That’s all for now! We try to update these masterposts periodically, so check back for more in… a couple… months??? Maybe????
In the meantime, if you’re looking for a practical tool to help you pay off debt, check out our Debt Visualization Coloring Book. It’s available for $5 at our Etsy store, and it comes with helpful tips and tricks for tackling debt, as well as a handy debt pay-off calculator.
Kitty designed it to help pay off her own debt, so it’s not just Bitch-created… it’s Bitch-tested and Bitch-approved!